Indian Green Building Council of Confederation of Indian Industry with the support of stakeholders is advancing the green building movement in the country. As on date, IGBC have facilitated registration of 4,000 green building projects with a green footprint of 4.5 billion sq ft. With this, India stands second in the world with the largest green building footprint. Their aspiration is to facilitate 10 Billion sq ft by the year 2022.
To achieve this vision and to propagate the green building concept, CII – IGBC has launched an annual event titled ‘Green Building Congress’ in the year 2001 and the 15th edition of the event ‘Green Building Congress 2017’ has taken place at Hotel Clarks Amer, Jaipur, Rajasthan on 4 – 7 October 2017.
One unique feature of the Green Building Congress 2017 would be Members Meet and Board Meeting of the World Green Building Council. There were Building industry leaders from almost all of the 75 Green Building Councils across the globe, along with the Chair, CEO and Board Members of the World GBC.
- Hosting of our annual Green Building Congress for the first-time in the historic city of Jaipur
- Participation of the State Government (Government of Rajasthan)
- Hosting of World GBC Annual Members Meet and Board Meeting 2017
- Launch of new IGBC rating systems
- IGBC Leadership awards
- Launch of green products & equipment by manufacturers
- Participation by leaders of IGBC Student Chapters (100+) all across India.
- Ar. Tai Lee Siang, Chair, World GBC
- Mr. John Mandyck, Chief Sustainability Officer, UTC
- Prof Peter Head, Founder & Chief Executive, The Ecological Sequestration Trust
- Dr. Joseph Allen, Director, Healhy Buildings Program, Harvard Chan School
- Ms. Terri Wills, CEO, World GBC
- Padma Bhushan Dr. B M Hegde, Medical Scientist, Educationist & Author
- Ms. Arunima Sinha, Worlds First woman amputee to climb Mt. Everest
- Dr. Kath Williams, Former President, World GBC